ill Sweden's university and college association, SUHF, we are now looking for a doctoral student to be part of an expert group to discuss ethical issues. The group's mission is to strengthen and support the sector's work in dealing with research ethics issues, handling and consequences of misconduct and to promote good research practice and in certain matters to provide the basis for the sector to be able to act jointly in the area through SUHF.
SUHF's expert group for ethical issues must, among other things
- Create an arena for a nuanced conversation about mistakes, errors and cheating as well as how universities create the conditions for taking responsibility in helping each other do the right thing.
- Have a joint discussion about how higher education institutions deal with accusations of misconduct or proven misconduct at higher education institutions, in the short and long term.
- Follow the establishment of the new misconduct committee and analyze the consequences of the new system, this should also include the universities' own handling of violations of good research ethics that fall outside the concept of misconduct.
- Conduct dialogue with external actors, who manage preventive work as well as consequences of misconduct investigations and proven misconduct, such as research funders
- Monitor the establishment of the new ethics review authority, take inventory of how universities handle issues such as compliance with the Ethics Review Act, consent, training and information regarding research ethics, and identify practices
The group will meet 2–3 times per semester. Meetings take place digitally and physically at SUHF's office in Stockholm. SFS reimburses travel expenses.
More about the assignment can be found at SUHF's website.
What we are looking for
For this assignment, we are looking for a PhD student who has an interest in issues within ethics, misconduct, good research practice. You advantageously have experience of discussions in this area from your university.
Send your application to [email protected], recruitment takes place continuously. We would like to share your CV and cover letter.