The Swedish National Union of Students, SFS, was founded in 1921 and is an association of student unions at Swedish universities and colleges. SFS has about fifty member corps which together represent approximately 380 students. Our task is to represent the interests of member unions and students nationally and internationally.
As member coordinator, you are a link between SFS's central organization and the members. You are the one who ensures that the contact with students and student unions works well. In this position, you will be an important part of the university and college world and be involved in working for the students' well-being and educational quality. The role involves many contact points with a wide variety of tasks and areas of responsibility. As we are a small law firm, part of the position also includes common tasks linked to the organization.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone who has experience from a member-based organization. You have an understanding of how a student union works and are comfortable giving presentations in front of groups. Furthermore, you express yourself well verbally and in writing in Swedish and English. If you have been active in a student union or have experience in educational matters, we see this as meritorious. As a person, you like to collaborate with others and easily build relationships in your work.
You are a good listener who is sensitive and interested in the opinions of others but who can also clearly communicate your message in a way that inspires confidence. You easily adapt to different contexts, are comfortable in new situations and accommodating. You enjoy contributing to building organizations and creating commitment.
Main responsibilities and duties
- Support and strengthen SFS's membership and ensure a well-functioning dialogue between SFS' central operations and the members.
- Through ongoing dialogue with member unions, gain an understanding of their needs, and implement relevant support efforts. If necessary, act as individual support and advisor for individual student unions.
- In collaboration with colleagues, be responsible for collaborative networks, trainings and educational materials based on student and higher education policy issues.
- Manage recruitment, appointment, dismissal and other administration regarding student representatives. Administration of membership registers and applications for entry and exit in SFS.
- Project management of member activities such as introduction day, member meetings and SFS council meeting.
The application consists of a personal letter and CV which is sent to SFS chairman Linn Svärd, [email protected]. Label the email "Application for member coordinator". Interviews are carried out continuously from 2 January when we are back in the office. Personnel representative Leo Nyström is also available for any questions about the workplace, [email protected].
Form of employment is permanent employment with a 6-month probationary period. Access immediately or by agreement. The position is full-time, 38,75 hours a week.
SFS has an office on Södermalm in Stockholm, where you share an office with five other competent and committed employees who want to make a difference for university and college students, as well as two elected presidents who lead the business. There is also the possibility of working remotely.
We have a collective agreement and are affiliated with the Employers' Alliance and apply individual wage setting. By submitting your application to us, you agree that we handle your personal data in accordance with SFS's policy for handling personal data.