The Swedish National Union of Students (SFS) is a
member-driven organisation and the collective student voice in Sweden. SFS organises around 50 student unions at universities and places of higher education throughout Sweden. Together these represent more than 350 000 students, including PhD-students. SFS main purpose is to represent and promote the members and students interests in education, research and student welfare issues at the national level.
About SFS-DK, SFS doctoral student committee
SFS-DK is a committee in SFS which works as an advisory board for the presidium and board of SFS in questions regarding third cycle, research and the general conditions of doctoral students. The aim of SFS-DK is to enable SFS to influence the development of the third cycle education, research and the general conditions of doctoral students in Sweden.
SFS-DK shall also work within SFS to put these issues into light. SFS-DK consists of 8-10 members who are PhD students at Swedish higher education institutions. SFS-DK has a mandate period from 1st of August to 31st of July.
The task as Chairperson of SFS-DK
As chairperson of SFS-DK you are the national representative for PhD students in Sweden together with the SFS presidium. The main tasks of the chairperson include leading the work of SFS-DK, maintaining contact with SFS presidium and board and other representational work. The chairperson of SFS-DK is expected to spend 50 working days in total on the task.
We are looking for someone that:
- Is a PhD student at a Swedish higher education institution
- Can communicate in Swedish and English both verbally and in written form
- Has the ability to collaborate well with others, both internally and externally
It is also of merit if you have:
- Previous experience with local and/or national student unions or doctoral committees
- Previous experience working within the higher education sector
- Previous experience with a leadership position, organizational work and representing others
- Passed at least half of your PhD education
- Great interest in representing PhD students at the national level
Please send your nomination no later than May 24th to SFS Vice President Linn Svärd via [email protected] Nominations can be made by a member union of SFS, a group of at least 10 members from a member union, members in the board of SFS and members in SFS-DK.
The nomination should contain the following:
- A motivational/personal letter written by the candidate (1-2 pages long)
- The candidate’s CV, also containing contact details of phone and email
- Contact information on who is nominating the candidate
- At least one reference containing contact details of phone and/or email
If you cannot spend the expected workload (50 working days) or if you are an elected representative for a political party or an advocacy group the nomination should contain information regarding this.
Tag your nomination with [Nomination SFS-DK chairperson] in the title of your email.
If you have any questions about the position or nomination please contact Linn Svärd on 070 545 75 57 or [email protected]
It is the board of SFS that elects the Chairperson of SFS-DK. To assist the board in this matter, a preparational election committee (PEC) with representatives from the board and SFS-DK has been appointed by the board.
Candidates with valid nominations will be called for digital interviews between the 31th of May and 4th of June which will be conducted by members of the PEC.
The PEC will make a recommendation to the board by June 10th and the board will elect the next Chairperson of SFS-DK on June 17th, 2021.